Flexera Launches Educational Program To Help IT Professionals Navigate Digital Transformation and Hybrid Computing Environments
Flexera Teams with LISA for Exclusive Educational Programs for IT, Procurement, ITAM and SAM Professionals
Itasca, IL - May 11, 2022 Flexera, the company that helps organizations maximize business value from their technology investments, today announced an innovative partnership with LISA—The Licensing, ITAM, SAM Academy by ITAM Review Learning—to accelerate educational opportunities for IT professionals navigating digital transformation in a quickly changing IT environment.
The educational program, including exclusive content for Flexera customers, will be available on the Flexera community portal.
The Flexera 2021 State of Tech Spend report indicated that the top three CIO priorities were digital transformation, cybersecurity and cloud migration. Accordingly, asset management challenges have grown with the rapid adoption of SaaS, cloud, containers and other new technologies in hybrid environments.
Through the partnership between Flexera and ITAM Review Learning, Flexera customers and prospects can leverage the expertise of LISA Experts who have deep, hands-on experience in the ITAM industry, along with the product and industry expertise of Flexera.
"Digital transformation is accelerating across all industry verticals and company sizes, bringing complexities in asset management that were unforeseen just a few years ago," said Sean Doherty, senior vice president of customer experience at Flexera. "ITAM teams require continuing education to keep their practices congruent with the new products and license models from technology vendors. Based on our own positive experience with this training content, I’m confident that this partnership with LISA will help asset management professionals achieve organizational goals."
The Flexera 2022 State of ITAM report found that the industry faces challenges related to maturity and the complexity of new environments. More than three of four (76 percent) of respondents cited the maturity of SAM practices as a challenge, 70 percent of SAM teams experience a lack of qualified resources, and 50 percent of SAM teams lack a viable SAM tool to assist with their asset management activities.
To address these challenges, Flexera continues to innovate and close the gap in the market. Flexera helps its customers navigate these challenges through industry-leading innovations and partnerships. For example:
- IBM: On March 15, 2022, Flexera and IBM announced a collaboration which makes Flexera One ITAM a certified alternative to IBM License Metric Tool (ILMT); the companies also announced integration between Flexera One ITAM and IBM Turbonomic to optimize cost and performance powered by AI. (See Flexera blog: Evolving the Ecosystem with IBM.)
- SaaS CRM Solutions: In early 2022 Flexera announced new SaaS Manager functionality to help Flexera customers with CRM spending. (See Flexera blogs: Manage licenses and users with ease? Challenge accepted and A new way to manage marketing automation entitlements.)
- Oracle: In 2021, Flexera was the first company to be verified by Oracle for data collection for Oracle Fusion Middleware. (See all current Oracle verified partners here.)
"We’re delighted to partner with Flexera—with their focus on innovation and customer service—to offer this training opportunity to their client base," said Henry Lee, Managing Director of ITAM Review Learning. "Over the last two decades, the IT asset management profession has grown to match the growing importance of IT. However, like many IT professions, the ITAM profession faces a skills shortage. LISA by ITAM Review Learning aims to help fill this skills gap for asset management professionals at every stage of their career. LISA offers an always-available resource for the community to build their skill-base, solve challenging asset management situations and ultimately enhance careers."
Flexera’s flagship platform, Flexera One, is the first of its kind: an award-winning platform that delivers the power to mitigate risk, reduce costs and maximize every technology investment through:
- Definitive technology resource data: Flexera customers gain comprehensive and normalized cost visibility into the data center, SaaS and cloud through unique discovery and the unmatched Technopedia catalog of IT product reference data.
- Consumption intelligence: Flexera customers save more than 30 percent on licensing costs by applying use rights and rightsizing investments.
- Automated portfolio governance: Flexera One customer increase business agility by automating IT cost optimization and feeding compliance and cost data into other IT solutions through an API.
- Hybrid IT optimization: Flexera customers are able to leverage data and be in a place of negotiation readiness with major vendors including Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, SAP, and more.
Flexera saves customers billions of dollars in wasted technology spend. A pioneer in hybrid ITAM and FinOps, Flexera provides award-winning, data-oriented SaaS solutions for technology value optimization (TVO), enabling IT, finance, procurement and cloud teams to gain deep insights into cost optimization, compliance and risks for each business service. Flexera One solutions are built on a set of definitive customer, supplier and industry data, powered by Technopedia, that enables organizations to visualize their Enterprise Technology Blueprint™ in hybrid environments—from on-premises to SaaS to containers to cloud. More than 50,000 customers subscribe to Flexera’s technology value optimization solutions, delivered by 1,300+ team members worldwide. Learn more at flexera.com