With App Portal, your employees can request the apps they need from an easy-to-use universal enterprise app store for both desktop, cloud and mobile apps. This industry-leading solution provides robust functionality that empowers users to serve themselves while still maintaining complete control of the request, approval and fulfillment process. App Portal Self-service features include:
- Consumer-Oriented Shopping—Users browse a store that lists all the apps available to them for each of their devices (PCs, Macs, and mobile devices). Apps are organized by category to simplify navigation. The catalog includes attributes such as cost, delivery time and the approvals required, if any. During checkout, App Portal will even recommend mobile versions of apps for their registered devices like a phone or tablet.
- Easy Navigation—Apps are organized by category to simplify navigation. Users see only a single item for an application instead of having to review multiple format versions, such as MSI, App-V or mobile app, and figure out which version to request. This improves the user experience and saves time.
- Automated Approval and Fulfillment—Upon checkout, App Portal initiates the fulfillment process. It routes the request to the appropriate managers for approval. If approvers don't respond within a specified time period, it reminds them that they need to take action. Once all approvals are received, App Portal submits the request to the software deployment system or mobile device management system to install the application and verifies successful installation.
- Flexible Request and Delivery Options—Align the app store with a variety of corporate policies related to software request and deployment. You can set it up so that business users request apps for their own use, managers request apps for their staff members or the service desk requests apps on behalf of employees.
- Software Leasing—Reduce software licensing costs with a software leasing model. Employees or contract workers request an application for a specified time period (for example, 90 days), and those apps are automatically reclaimed when the lease expires.
- Integration with Software Deployment, Mobile Device Management and Other Enterprise Systems—App Portal automates the software deployment capabilities of popular enterprise systems to deliver software to users.
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- Symantec™ Client Management Suite
- AirWatch® by VMware Enterprise Mobility Management™
- JAMF Software Casper™ Suite
- Active Directory
- IT Service Management Solutions (including BMC Remedy and Service Now)
App Portal Overview