Today’s hackers are sophisticated, smart and determined. Software producers remain extremely vulnerable, especially if they have not implemented the latest security measures. To help producers fight back, Flexera Software’s enhanced tamper-resistant application capability provides additional security layers to fortify and protect the software application from piracy and thereby reduce revenue leakage.
Tamper Resistant Application: Protection That Goes Beyond Encryption
Flexera Software’s approach is similar to protecting a home from burglary in multiple ways:
- Resistance—creating a moat to prevent entry
- Obfuscation—making it difficult to find the front door
- Detection—an alarm provides an alert for unauthorized entry
This brief offers a deeper look at this important issue and Flexera Software’s unique approach, including:
- The vulnerability of traditional approaches
- The 3-level tamper-resistant licensing approach provided by FlexNet Embedded, a component of FlexNet Licensing
According to a recent BSA Global Software Survey, 43 percent of the software installed on PCs around the world, totaling more than $62 billion in value, was not properly licensed.