Schaumburg, IL - Sep 7, 2006 - Macrovision announced a new version of its FlexNet InstallShield 12 Express Edition, Macrovision's quickest and easiest installation solution for creating Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI) installations.
Who: Macrovision Corporation
What: New version of FlexNet InstallShield 12 Express Edition.
With Express 12's support for the latest beta of Microsoft Windows Vista, Installation developers, application developers, and development managers of any skill level can create a professional installation experience as they "Get Ready for Vista."
FlexNet InstallShield 12 Express Edition offers support for the latest Microsoft technologies such as Windows Mobile 5.0 for Smartphones and Visual Studio 2005, and is available simultaneously in English, German and Japanese editions to offer developers the flexibility to develop in their own language.
"Get Ready for Vista" support includes:
- Ability to scan InstallShield-created MSI installers to test for compatibility with new Vista capabilities
- User Account Control (UAC) support and digital signature enhancements provide improved security for the software installation.
- Support for minimizing reboots through the Restart Manager infrastructure—fewer steps, faster installation.
Updated support for new Microsoft Technologies:
- Visual Studio 2005 Support
- Pocket PC Windows Mobile 5.0 and Windows CE
- .NET 2.0 Support
- .NET Compact Framework 2.0 and Other Mobile Device Redistributables Now Available
- Expanded Digital Signing for Mobile Devices
- .NET Framework 2.0 and Visual J# 2.0 Support
- Microsoft Build Engine (MSBuild) Support
- MSBuild-Compatible XML Format Project File
When: FlexNet InstallShield 12 Express Edition is currently available.
Flexera is reimagining the way software is bought, sold, managed and secured. We view the software industry as a supply chain, and make the business of buying and selling software and technology asset data more profitable, secure, and effective. Our Monetization and Security solutions help software sellers transform their business models, grow recurring revenues and minimize open source risk. Our Vulnerability and Software Asset Management (SAM) solutions strip waste and unpredictability out of procuring software, helping companies buy only the software and cloud services they need, manage what they have, and reduce compliance and security risk. Powering these solutions and the entire software supply chain, Flexera has built the world’s largest and most comprehensive repository of market intelligence on technology assets. In business for 30+ years, our 1200+ employees are passionate about helping our 80,000+ customers generate millions in ROI every year. Visit us at www.flexera.com.
For more information, contact:
*All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.