Award recognizes Flexera Software's leadership in software licensing and entitlement management
Schaumburg, IL - Dec 16, 2011 - Flexera Software, the leading provider of Application Usage Management solutions for application producers and enterprises, announced today that it has received the Frost & Sullivan 2011 Market Share Leadership Award for Software-Enforced License Management. The Frost & Sullivan Award for Market Share Leadership is presented to the company that has demonstrated excellence in capturing the highest market share within a segment of its industry.
License and Entitlement Management solutions are broadly divided into hardware-based and software-based solutions. The Award recognizes FlexNet Producer Suite's leadership position within the software-based enforcement solutions segment. FlexNet Producer Suite is a comprehensive and proven Licensing, Entitlement & Compliance Management solution for software license management, electronic software delivery, software compliance and entitlement management.
In its research, Frost & Sullivan notes key industry challenges in the license management space that underscore the importance of this Award. Those include:
- The high rate of stickiness for license management solutions among customers due to high integration at many levels into software vendors' businesses and their applications;
- The demand for ease of use across the board, due to the myriad roles of users, especially from enterprise customers who license software from many different ISVs who prefer consistent license management systems.
- The fluid nature of software applications in which new segments, such as embedded software, virtualization and cloud, are emerging, even as the networking environment in enterprises is evolving. This requires vendors to support new and emerging business models as well as a wide variety of client and server platforms, and yet continue to ensure that the protected product complies with high performance and reliability requirements.
According to the research, FlexNet Producer Suite's success in addressing these challenges translates into 45% market share in 2011 in the Software-Enforced Solution space.
"The Market Share Leadership Award is a prestigious recognition of Flexera Software's accomplishments in the Software-Enforced License Management market," said Avni Rambhia, Senior Industry Analyst at Frost & Sullivan. "Factors contributing to Flexera Software's success include an established product and brand, leadership in several large desktop software verticals, significant barrier to entry for competitors, effective industry outreach, a hardware-agnostic solution, and ongoing investment in security and functionality features, Looking forward, Flexera Software has pursued both strategic acquisitions and organic development to serve the emerging SaaS-based and embedded software applications, and as a result, the company is well positioned to continue to maintain its market leading position."
"We are delighted to receive this Award from Frost & Sullivan and are proud of their objective validation of our market leadership position," said Randy Littleson, Vice President of Product Management at Flexera Software. "As software vendors and intelligent device manufacturers struggle with the licensing challenges associated with new environments such as virtualization and the Cloud, and the licensing complexities that accompany organizational growth, mergers and acquisitions - it is no longer practical or efficient for them to build their own licensing solutions. Instead, they are focusing resources on beating the competition and leveraging the turnkey application usage management solutions that we deliver."
# # #
Learn more about FlexNet Producer Suite for Software Vendors:
- FlexNet Operations
- FlexNet Connect
- Read our Blog on Entitlement & Compliance Management
- FlexNet Producer Suite Success Stories
- Related Flexera Software Webinars
- Entitlement & Compliance Management White Papers
Flexera is reimagining the way software is bought, sold, managed and secured. We view the software industry as a supply chain, and make the business of buying and selling software more transparent, secure, and effective. Our Monetization and Security solutions help software sellers transform their business models, grow recurring revenues and minimize open source risk. Our Vulnerability and Software Asset Management (SAM) solutions strip waste and unpredictability out of buying applications, helping companies purchase only the software and cloud services they need, manage what they have, and reduce license compliance and security risk. In business for 30+ years, our 1000+ employees are passionate about helping our 80,000+ customers generate millions in ROI every year. Visit us at www.flexera.com.
For more information, contact:
*All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.