Itasca, IL - Oct 23, 2017 - Flexera will be presenting at All Things Open 2017 in Raleigh, North Carolina October 23 - 24. All Things Open is the largest “open” technology event on the East Coast, gathering the top technologists and decision makers, to discuss open source, open technology and open Web in the enterprise.
Flexera will be exhibiting in Booth 65 and holding two speaking sessions:
- Open Source 101 for Executives on October 23 at 10:30 a.m. in the Business Track, Room 201, covering how:
- Open Source typically comprises 50 percent of a commercial product
- Typical software teams are only aware of less than 10 percent of their Open Source Software (OSS) usage
- Untracked Open Source leads to security vulnerabilities and license compliance problems
- Well-designed Open Source intake and management processes reduce risk
- What Every Developer Needs to Know about Open Source License Compliance & Security on October 24 at 12:15 p.m. in the Front-End Engineering Track, Room 306B, addressing how:
- Heartbleed and Apache Struts vulnerabilities demonstrated the typical company doesn’t know about what Open Source it’s using and where it’s found
- Open Source appears in many forms from source code to binary in a codebase
- Traditional static analysis tools aren’t sufficient for finding or managing vulnerabilities related to Open Source component usage
- Companies aren’t doing enough to educate developers and managers about Open Source
WHO: Jeff Luszcz, Vice President of Product Management at Flexera
WHERE: Raleigh Convention Center
500 South Salisbury Street, Raleigh, North Carolina 27601
WHEN: October 23 and 24
Flexera is reimagining the way software is bought, sold, managed and secured. We view the software industry as a supply chain, and make the business of buying and selling software and technology asset data more profitable, secure, and effective. Our Monetization and Security solutions help software sellers transform their business models, grow recurring revenues and minimize open source risk. Our Vulnerability and Software Asset Management (SAM) solutions strip waste and unpredictability out of procuring software, helping companies buy only the software and cloud services they need, manage what they have, and reduce compliance and security risk. Powering these solutions and the entire software supply chain, Flexera has built the world’s largest and most comprehensive repository of market intelligence on technology assets. In business for 30+ years, our 1200+ employees are passionate about helping our 80,000+ customers generate millions in ROI every year. Visit us at www.flexera.com.
For more information, contact:
*All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.