Latest release of the leading multiplatform installation solution is the first to support Docker containers, and to further simplify deployment of complex applications
Itasca, IL - Aug 11, 2015 - Flexera Software, the leading provider of next-generation software licensing, compliance and installation solutions for application producers and enterprises, announced today the launch of InstallAnywhere 2015. The first multiplatform installation solution to support Docker, the new release also simplifies deployment of complex applications by enabling installations to connect to the leading database servers, ensures that installations support Windows 10, and supports the latest digital certificate requirements from Microsoft.
"Software vendors want to lead their markets by supporting new technologies like Docker, but they realize that many customers still require traditional installers. So, they want to support both without duplicating effort for installation development," said Maureen Polte, Vice President of Product Management at Flexera Software. "InstallAnywhere 2015 is the first installation development solution that supports Docker. And it allows application producers to support both traditional multiplatform installations and Docker images from the same project."
Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship, and run distributed applications, whether on laptops, data center VMs, or the cloud. InstallAnywhere 2015 increases producers' deployment options and simplifies installation development by automatically creating both Docker images and traditional multiplatform installers from a single InstallAnywhere project. Users can search and pull images from public and private Docker repositories to build containers that run distributed applications on any system or machine where Docker is supported - virtual, physical or cloud.
Simplifying Deployment of Complex Applications
Myriad new features and enhancements in InstallAnywhere 2015 further extend the solution's leadership position in multiplatform installation, including:
- Windows 10 Support: Installation developers can save time by creating a single installation project to build installations for each supported platform including, now, Windows 10. InstallAnywhere 2015 already supports earlier versions of Windows, Apple, Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX and IBM.
- Microsoft® SHA-256 Support: InstallAnywhere 2015 prepares developers for changes in Microsoft's certificate requirements. After January 1, 2016, installations will need to be signed with SHA-256 digital certificates in order to be trusted by Windows. InstallAnywhere 2015 supports SHA-256 certificates and digests, enabling companies to start adopting SHA-256 certificates before the January deadline.
- Multiplatform Development Environment Support: Producers can increase efficiency by creating installers from the same platform on which Java or multiplatform applications are coded, such as Windows 10, OS X 10.10 and popular Linux distributions.
- Tomcat™ and WebSphere® Web App Installations: Installations for modern complex applications often require significant time and effort connecting to a web server to create or update a web app. InstallAnywhere 2015 streamlines this process, allowing developers, with just a few clicks, to create installers that can securely deploy WAR and EAR files to Apache Tomcat and IBM WebSphere.
- Installs Connecting to IBM DB2, Microsoft® SQL, and MySQL™: Development of installations for complex applications are greatly simplified by installations that can easily connect to the leading database servers such as IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL, and MySQL. Built-in panels give users the ability to easily connect installations to their preferred database server.
# # #
- Learn more about InstallAnywhere 2015
- Learn more about Flexera Software's Installation Solutions
- Subscribe to Flexera Software's InstallTalk Blog
- Access InstallAnywhere White Papers
- Access InstallAnywhere Success Stories
- Access Free Trials of InstallAnywhere
Flexera is reimagining the way software is bought, sold, managed and secured. We view the software industry as a supply chain, and make the business of buying and selling software and technology asset data more profitable, secure, and effective. Our Monetization and Security solutions help software sellers transform their business models, grow recurring revenues and minimize open source risk. Our Vulnerability and Software Asset Management (SAM) solutions strip waste and unpredictability out of procuring software, helping companies buy only the software and cloud services they need, manage what they have, and reduce compliance and security risk. Powering these solutions and the entire software supply chain, Flexera has built the world’s largest and most comprehensive repository of market intelligence on technology assets. In business for 30+ years, our 1200+ employees are passionate about helping our 80,000+ customers generate millions in ROI every year. Visit us at www.flexera.com.
For more information, contact:
*All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.