California Consumer Privacy Act
Flexera appreciates the importance of privacy to its customers, partners, and employees. As such Flexera has for some time had a Privacy Team compiled of stakeholders from various business areas that work together in order to ensure compliance with a number of privacy obligations in a number of territories throughout the world.
Since the introduction of CCPA on January 1, 2020 Flexera has taken a number of steps to comply including:
- Reviewing business practices to ensure that we do not sell any personal information
- Where we process personal information, we are transparent about how and why we do this, for example by providing comprehensive privacy notices
- We do not use personal information other than in the course of providing our professional services. Were this is the case, we have a contract in place which clearly sets out our responsibilities and obligations
- Where we engage a third party in the course of providing our services, we undertake due diligence to ensure that they share the same commitment to privacy as we do. Whenever we are engaging a third party we also enter into contracts with robust privacy requirements.
- Where we are providing services to our customers; we will provide assistance to enable you to respond to any requests from a consumer regarding their personal information
- Where we are processing personal information obtained from an individual, we have processes in place to enable us to respond to any request from the individual to exercise their rights under the CCPA within the permitted timeframes
- We will not discriminate against any individual because they have exercised any of their rights under the CCPA
- Providing training to colleagues who are involved in the processing of personal information
- We regularly review the safeguards we have in place to protect personal information
For further information in relation to Privacy at Flexera please contact the Data Protection team: DataProtectionTeam@flexera.com