Automatically Import Data To FlexNet Manager Platform
Many enterprises are implementing Software Asset Management (SAM) and license optimization solutions to effectively manage their software estate. However, for these solutions to deliver on their promise, they need to access data from many sources, in a timely manner, to enable the determination of an accurate and optimized license position. Collected data types include purchase order and contract data, hardware and software inventory data, and organizational data to map users to computers and applications.
Manual entry of this type of data is error-prone and extremely time consuming. For SAM and license optimization solutions to meet the anticipated business goals, organizations need to find an effective and cost-efficient way to automatically import the data from the appropriate sources and validate the data.
Flexera Software provides a number of adapters that allow automated import of data from various sources to support the FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises solution. However, to achieve the best results and determine the most appropriate adapter for the project, it is important to understand the types of data, the formats needed, and how this data will be transformed to be most useful to the solution.
The Adapter Configuration and Development Service is designed to help organizations implement the connectivity required to import data from several different sources—inventory tools, ERP systems, procurement systems, Active Directory and HR systems--into the FlexNet Manager Platform asset management repository. This data is required to allow the FlexNet Manager Suite solutions to help organizations maintain license compliance and determine an accurate and optimized license position.
This service helps organizations define their adapter needs and reduce the cost of implementing the required connectivity through adapter re-use and tools that streamline adapter development.
Business Problems Addressed:
Upon successful completion of the Adapter Configuration and Development Service, you will realize the following benefits:
- Implement a highly connected SAM and license optimization solution that streamlines license management processes
- Automate data import and validation for greater processing efficiency, reduced errors, and improved license optimization
- Reduce the cost of implementing system connectivity through adapter reuse and tools that streamline adapter development
The service will be delivered as a mix of on- and offsite activities and will include:
- Design session where each data source and the associated processes are reviewed, including:
- Hardware inventory, software inventory, application usage data
- User accounts (HR or Active Directory systems)
- Asset data
- Enterprise groups - locations, business units or cost centers (HR or Active Directory systems)
- Vendors and vendor contacts (ERP, procurement systems)
- Purchase orders (procurement system)
- Contracts (ERP, procurement systems)
- Detailed design document that identifies the Adapters that will be developed, the source of the data, how the data is processed, when it is processed, and how it is displayed via the User Interface (UI) and reports.
- The building and testing of the Adapter in an offsite virtual environment specifically developed for the organization. Where available, existing adapters are modified and reused. Where not available, Adapter Studio tools are used to streamline development
- Delivery of resulting Adapter code for installation. The installed code is deployed to the Development, Test and/or Production environments. Adapters are tested and validated to ensure they properly connect to the data sources and process the data correctly.
- Development of scheduled tasks associated with the Adapter which are built to execute in sequence with the other adapters and processes.
- The final delivery is captured and presented in the Design Document.