Benefits to Your Organization:
- Gain visibility and control of your software estate
- Reduce ongoing costs for software
- Maintain continuous license compliance to reduce audit cost and risk
- Realize lower upfront costs for your Software Asset Management and License Optimization solution
- Shorten time-to-value with the Software as a Service delivery model
Flexera Software’s market leading software asset management and Software License Optimization solution, FlexNet Manager Suite, is available via a cloud based Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery model. This provides lower upfront costs, faster deployment and shorter time to value since the product is installed and managed in the Flexera Software datacenter on our high availability platform. There are no scalability or architectural issues for the customer to consider, and product upgrades are managed by Flexera Software.
FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud’s web-based user interface provides anytime, anywhere access to critical license management and Software License Optimization functionality to allow organizations to maintain license compliance, improve operational efficiency and reduce ongoing costs for software.
FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud’s Software License Optimization functionality includes:
- Application Discovery & Inventory using an Inventory Beacon to upload data to the cloud:
- Provides cross-platform (Windows, Linux, UNIX, and MAC OS) discovery, inventory, and application usage data collection
- Performs discovery and inventory of virtual machines on VMware ESX/vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V servers, and supports Citrix XenApp application virtualization environments.
- Leverages existing IT investments via integration with a multitude of third-party standard inventory sources including Symantec Altiris, BMC Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping (ADDM), BladeLogic Client Automation (Marimba), HP Discovery and Dependency Mapping Inventory (DDMI), IBM License Metric Tool (ILMT), Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), and IBM Tivoli Endpoint Manager (BigFix)
- Enables organizations to ‘know what they have’ in their IT environment and consolidate vendors and applications
- Purchased Versus Installed/Consumed License Reconciliation:
- Reconciles software purchases against software installed or used on computers and virtual machines within an enterprise
- Built-in knowledge base recognizes more than 223,476 application titles and 1,014,464 software product part numbers (stock keeping units or SKUs) to determine the license entitlements for each software purchase, and links that information to the software installed on the devices within the target network
- Reconciliation process can provide a baseline license position for more than 18,333 vendors
- Enables organizations to maintain license compliance to reduce audit cost and risk
- Software License Optimization:
- Leverages the “product use rights” found in licensing agreements – such as the right of second use, multiple use, roaming use, virtual use, and license mobility – to minimize license consumption; use rights for key vendors are encapsulated in the Product Use Rights Library
- Provides Software License Optimization for major software vendors such as Microsoft, Adobe, IBM, Oracle, SAP and Symantec
- Enables organizations to reduce license consumption and lower ongoing costs for software
- Dashboard and Reporting:
- Provides an intuitive management dashboard enabling an administrator to understand the current license position, receive alerts on issues, and review key events such as data imports
- A compliance overview report summarizes an organization’s exposure, such as its financial liability and the number of licenses in breach per publisher
- Drill downs provide deeper information for any vendor products and the licenses attached to those products
How it Works
Software license management and optimization are performed by matching installation and usage data to entitlements.
FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud—Software as a Service Delivery Mode
- Installation and usage data can be collected from existing discovery and inventory tools such as SCCM, Altiris, etc., or alternatively customers can use the Inventory Manager tool provided with FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud. A small component called the Inventory Beacon is downloaded and installed on site to perform discovery and inventory tasks and securely upload the data to the cloud. All discovery and inventory actions are managed and monitored from the Web User Interface.
- License entitlement data is provided by purchase orders. Flexera Software adapters connect to procurement systems to collect this data for upload via the Inventory Beacon. The data can also be uploaded as a spreadsheet or text file using the Web User Interface.
- To report on license consumption, compliance or usage per department, location, or cost center--organizational data, including users and enterprise groups (shown as HR data in the figure), is uploaded to the cloud, again using the Web UI or the Inventory Beacon to collect and securely package this data for transmission.
- Once the data is uploaded from the Inventory Beacon and/or through spreadsheets or text files, license records will automatically be created in the FlexNet Manager Suite repository, according to stock keeping unit (SKU) definitions stored in the built-in SKU Library.
- All management functions and reports are available to customers from the same Web User Interface.
FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud Web User Interface
The Web User Interface provides an intuitive management dashboard and a set of predefined reports. From this screen, users have the ability to drill down and view the list of products associated with each publisher and drill down further to view or manage licenses. The Web User Interface guides users through license management processes and is oriented to allow “management by exception”. This minimizes the time and effort required to perform license management tasks
- Red cards show publishers where there are one or more licenses in breach (out of compliance)
- Gray cards show publisher where the organization is in compliance
- Orange cards indicate that there is a potential issue that needs to be resolved
Subscription License Model
FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud is available as a 1, 3, or 5 year subscription. Subscriptions include software license, maintenance, backup, disaster recovery and software updates during the term of the agreement.
FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud includes the following components:
- FlexNet Manager Platform
- FlexNet Manager for Microsoft
- FlexNet Manager for VMware
- FlexNet Manager for IBM
- FlexNet Manager for Symantec
- FlexNet Manager for Oracle
- FlexNet Manager for SAP Applications
Learn more about the products included in FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud and see how your enterprise can achieve continuous software license compliance, maximized value and optimized usage with Flexera Software’s Software as a Service solution by visiting our website: www.flexerasoftware.com/SLO