Technology is vital to any organization. Whether a financial institution, industrial firm, retailer, government agency, or educational institution, it is impossible to separate information technology from your business operations.
The cornerstone of these operations are the vital software and hardware assets that power your business. And like any asset, effective management begins with knowing what you have.
What is needed is a normalized inventory solution that allows organizations to gain visibility and control of their IT estate by having a complete view of deployed hardware and software assets.
FlexNet Normalized Inventory for Clients and FlexNet Normalized Inventory for Servers are the foundational solutions of FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises used by thousands of enterprises as the critical first step in business processes that eliminate manual effort, improve software security, maintain license compliance and reduce software costs.
The FlexNet Normalized Inventory products are part of Flexera Software’s intelligent solutions for managing software. They deliver the single source of truth for normalized inventory data used by IT Operations, Finance, and Security. The FlexNet Normalized Inventory products support more than 16,000 software publishers and 223,476 software titles to ensure comprehensive coverage of the IT environment.
A complete and accurate normalized software and hardware inventory is a vital first step for a number of business processes throughout the enterprise, including:
- IT Operations – leverages software inventory for application rationalization and consolidation of the software portfolio.
- Security – provides visibility of unauthorized software in the environment that can put the organization at risk; normalized software inventory data also drives the software vulnerability management process to mitigate security risk.
- IT Service Management – a normalized list of software titles per device (desktop, laptop, and server) can be populated into the CMDB to enhance ITSM processes.
- Finance – helps with accounting functions such as accurate property tax payments on hardware assets.
- IT Asset Management – normalized inventory is the critical first step for Software Asset Management and Software License Optimization.
FlexNet Normalized Inventory for Clients and FlexNet Normalized Inventory for Servers
The FlexNet Normalized Inventory products provide:
- Desktop to Datacenter Discovery, Inventory, Application Recognition and Normalization FlexNet Normalized Inventory provides scalable discovery and inventory for desktops, laptops and servers (Maturity Model Level 1, see Figure 1). It provides application recognition and data normalization for more than 16,000 publishers and 223,476 applications from desktop to datacenter (Maturity Model Level 2). Asset reports provide actionable insight into hardware devices, software installations, and application usage.