Vallourec has reduced license compliance risk and software costs while achieving continual control and optimization of its SAP software estate
Schaumburg, IL - Jan 7, 2014 - Flexera Software, the leading provider of Application Usage Management solutions for application producers and enterprises, announced today that Vallourec, the leader in premium tubular solutions in the energy markets, has implemented FlexNet Manager for SAP Applications to optimize its SAP software estate and help ensure continual software license compliance. FlexNet Manager for SAP Applications is part of the FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises.
"FlexNet Manager for SAP Applications enables us, in a highly reliable, comprehensive and automated approach, to reconcile our actual SAP license use with the user-types we purchased, enabling us to optimize SAP spend and pay for only what we are really using," said Christine Hardelin, Department Manager, ERP, at Vallourec. "With a clear and reliable view into our license position, we are now very confident about license management and controlling costs - not only when preparing for an SAP software license audit, but on an ongoing basis."
Vallourec previously employed a manual process for managing its software estate that did not provide a clear or centralized view into their actual SAP license usage, causing undue stress especially during preparation of their annual SAP audit report. The company went live with FlexNet Manager for SAP Applications in late 2011 and reports achieving the following benefits:
- Reconciling Actual SAP Usage with SAP License Types: The system easily and automatically analyzes how employees actually are using SAP applications and recommends the appropriate SAP license type for that user - reducing the chances that Vallourec purchases and allocates a more expensive license type than necessary.
- Retiring & Reharvesting Unused Licenses: The system identifies unused or idle SAP licenses, allowing Vallourec to retire or re-harvest licenses, ensuring the company is only buying the licenses it needs and using the licenses it has. With such clear visibility into usage, Vallourec is lowering overall SAP software spend by appropriately allocating license types it does own to the users that need those license types, and by reducing the number of new licenses it needs to purchase overall.
- Reducing Risk Via Continual SAP License Compliance: By continually tracking, managing and optimizing SAP licenses on an ongoing basis across all sites and departments within the company, the system enables Vallourec to significantly reduce corporate risk associated with software license non-compliance, and financial risk associated with paying out unbudgeted software license true-up fees to their vendor.
"Increasingly organizations are recognizing that optimizing the software license estate significantly reduces corporate risk while slashing overall software spend by as much as twenty five percent," said Jim Ryan, Chief Operating Officer of Flexera Software. "We are thrilled with the return Vallourec have achieved on their investment in FlexNet Manager for SAP Applications. We have seen organizations of all sizes and types realize similar results, regardless of whether their optimization goals focus on SAP, Microsoft, Oracle, Adobe, Symantec, IBM or other types of software, such as engineering applications."
# # #
FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises includes the following components:
- FlexNet Manager Platform
- FlexNet Manager for Microsoft
- FlexNet Manager for Adobe
- FlexNet Manager for IBM
- FlexNet Manager for Oracle
- FlexNet Manager for Symantec
- FlexNet Manager for SAP Applications
- FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications
- Workflow Manager
- Read our Blog on Software License Optimization
- FlexNet Manager Suite Success Stories
- Related Flexera Software Webinars
- Software License Optimization White Papers
Flexera is reimagining the way software is bought, sold, managed and secured. We view the software industry as a supply chain, and make the business of buying and selling software and technology asset data more profitable, secure, and effective. Our Monetization and Security solutions help software sellers transform their business models, grow recurring revenues and minimize open source risk. Our Vulnerability and Software Asset Management (SAM) solutions strip waste and unpredictability out of procuring software, helping companies buy only the software and cloud services they need, manage what they have, and reduce compliance and security risk. Powering these solutions and the entire software supply chain, Flexera has built the world’s largest and most comprehensive repository of market intelligence on technology assets. In business for 30+ years, our 1200+ employees are passionate about helping our 80,000+ customers generate millions in ROI every year. Visit us at www.flexera.com.
For more information, contact:
*All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.