Flexera Software's Software License Optimization solution leads in helping enterprises minimize SAP compliance audit and financial risk
Itasca, IL - Apr 7, 2015 - Flexera Software, the leading provider of next-generation software licensing, compliance and installation solutions for application producers and enterprises, today announced that ITAM Review has named FlexNet Manager Suite for SAP Applications the "Best in Class" solution for managing and optimizing SAP software licenses.
"We believe that FlexNet Manager for SAP Applications is a strong offering for any organization with an investment in SAP to help manage their licenses and users," said Martin Thompson, Senior Analyst at The ITAM Review. "Among other strengths, it provides comprehensive SAP license management and optimization based on detailed SAP usage data analysis, and also helps uncover SAP indirect access to mitigate audit risk associated with indirect usage. SAP user management is low hanging fruit in terms datacenter cost saving opportunities and Flexera Software is a leader in the market at helping organizations realize those savings."
Among the ITAM Review's findings in its independent review of FlexNet Manager for SAP Applications:
- SAP License Management: The solution's inbuilt Product Use Rights Library, which provides pre-installed standard license metrics and consumption rules for SAP packages, is a unique selling point of the solution that allows organizations to proactively calculate package license consumption independently of an SAP system measurement, helping avoid true-up surprises during the annual audit.
- Managing SAP Users: FlexNet Manager for SAP Applications collects detailed SAP usage data and provides customizable 'user inactive' and retirement rules for determining which users should be retired or which licenses revoked. It recommends the optimal named user license type for each user based on its analysis of SAP usage data. And, it also provides customizable user consolidation rules used to identify and consolidate additional duplicate users beyond what is provided by the SAP License Administration Workbench (LAW).
- Indirect Usage: FlexNet Manager for SAP Applications offers a comprehensive solution for identifying, managing and optimizing indirect access to SAP data. The review emphasized that indirect access licensing is a SAP 'gotcha' and therefore active management of any applications using SAP data indirectly is essential to ensure license compliancy is maintained, and to avoid any unbudgeted audit true-up expenses.
"FlexNet Manager for SAP Applications offers the most comprehensive approach to minimizing SAP license spend and compliance risk - often delivering ROI far exceeding the cost of the solution in only a matter of weeks or months," said Ed Rossi, Vice President of Product Management at Flexera Software. "We are delighted to receive this recognition from ITAM Review. With comprehensive Software License Optimization for major vendors including Adobe, IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, Symantec, VMware and engineering applications, organizations can leverage our technology to reduce their overall software spend by as much as 25%."
- # # # -
FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises includes the following components:
- FlexNet Manager Platform
- FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications
- FlexNet Manager for IBM
- FlexNet Manager for Microsoft
- FlexNet Manager for Oracle
- FlexNet Manager for SAP Applications
- FlexNet Manager for Symantec
- FlexNet Manager for VMWare
- Workflow Manager
- Read our Blog on Software License Optimization
- FlexNet Manager Suite Success Stories
- Related Flexera Software Webinars
- Software License Optimization White Papers
Flexera is reimagining the way software is bought, sold, managed and secured. We view the software industry as a supply chain, and make the business of buying and selling software and technology asset data more profitable, secure, and effective. Our Monetization and Security solutions help software sellers transform their business models, grow recurring revenues and minimize open source risk. Our Vulnerability and Software Asset Management (SAM) solutions strip waste and unpredictability out of procuring software, helping companies buy only the software and cloud services they need, manage what they have, and reduce compliance and security risk. Powering these solutions and the entire software supply chain, Flexera has built the world’s largest and most comprehensive repository of market intelligence on technology assets. In business for 30+ years, our 1200+ employees are passionate about helping our 80,000+ customers generate millions in ROI every year. Visit us at www.flexera.com.
For more information, contact:
*All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.