SANTA CLARA, Calif - Apr 20, 2005 - Executives from the world’s largest software vendors and a host of enterprise software customers will convene at SoftSummit™ 2005 on October 10-11 in Santa Clara, California. SoftSummit ( www.softsummit.com) brings together software executives, thought leaders and enterprise IT executives to discuss the important licensing, pricing and purchasing trends that are shaping the software industry. SoftSummit is now accepting submissions for presentations at www.softsummit.com/srf.html. The first annual SoftSummit Awards will also be initiated at the 2005 event.
Last year’s event featured more than 500 attendees and keynote presentations from executives at Microsoft, PeopleSoft and General Motors. Other conference speakers included executives from global organizations such as AMD, BSA, Citrix, HP, IBM, IDC, Infineon, Macromedia, McKinsey, Merrill Lynch, Motorola, Northrop Grumman, Palm, The Chasm Group, SAP, Siebel, Siemens and the SIIA.
"SoftSummit has quickly emerged as a vital and unique industry event that facilitates dialogue between software vendors and enterprises regarding the important issues they are facing together," said Cori Hartje, director of marketing and readiness, Worldwide Licensing & Pricing, Microsoft. "As both a presenter and sponsor of last year’s conference, we were greatly impressed by the level and quality of discourse between the participants. We’re looking forward to being a part of SoftSummit again in 2005."
SoftSummit is sponsored and hosted by Macrovision Corporation. Other SoftSummit 2004 sponsors included AppStream, Globalware Solutions, Intraware, License Technologies Group, LinkRight Software, Microsoft, OpenChannel Solutions, OMS SafeHarbor, Platform Computing, Softrax, and Stream Theory. A limited number of sponsorship opportunities for 2005 are currently available. For more information, please visit www.softsummit.com/sb.html.
Call for Speakers
Applications for presentations at SoftSummit 2005 will be accepted through July 8, 2005. Presentations are being sought on the following topics:
• Software industry trends particularly in Software Value Management, pricing and licensing
• Prognosis on evolving software business models including utility, grid and on-demand computing
• Innovative revenue generation strategies for software companies
• Vendor best practices in software pricing, licensing, modularization, installation and updating
• Vendor success stories in market segmentation, software "SKU-ification", pricing and upgrading
• Innovative ways for vendors to measure piracy rates, update deployed software, and promote upgrades to end users
• Software value maximization strategies for enterprises
• Enterprise best practices in software negotiation, usage assessment and maintenance
• Enterprise success stories in software deployment, license management and expense optimization
• Best practices in software protection and compliance – preventing piracy and protecting enterprises from the liability of unlicensed use
• Enterprise topics on "do’s and don’ts" of software asset management
SoftSummit 2005 will introduce a new awards program designed to highlight successful implementations and best practices in Software Value Management. Detailed information will be announced in the coming weeks.
Flexera is reimagining the way software is bought, sold, managed and secured. We view the software industry as a supply chain, and make the business of buying and selling software and technology asset data more profitable, secure, and effective. Our Monetization and Security solutions help software sellers transform their business models, grow recurring revenues and minimize open source risk. Our Vulnerability and Software Asset Management (SAM) solutions strip waste and unpredictability out of procuring software, helping companies buy only the software and cloud services they need, manage what they have, and reduce compliance and security risk. Powering these solutions and the entire software supply chain, Flexera has built the world’s largest and most comprehensive repository of market intelligence on technology assets. In business for 30+ years, our 1300+ employees are passionate about helping our 80,000+ customers generate millions in ROI every year. Visit us at www.flexera.com.
*All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.