Minimizing the Impact on the Environment
Flexera Software LLC ("Flexera Software") is committed to minimizing the impact of its activities on the environment, and is implementing a plan to achieve this end. The key points of the company's strategy include:
- Minimize waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible
- Actively promote recycling
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company
Flexera Software is currently in the planning stages of implementing a sustainability plan through development of an Environmental Management Plan (EMP). Our EMP will follow the Environmental Protection Agency's suggested guidelines, which are as follows:
- Plan: Identifying environmental aspects and establishing goals
- Do: Implementing that plan, including training and operational controls
- Check: Monitoring the plan's success and taking corrective action
- Act: Track progress and make necessary changes
Flexera Software's EMP plan includes the following components:
- EMP deployment by establishment of a baseline for energy usage in a 12-month period in order to address seasonal trending when possible. The baseline period will be defined as September 2010 to September 2011. If a baseline is not possible to establish, we will make attempts to measure what we can and strive to make improvements when possible.
- Energy Consumption
- Electric – The baseline is 945,205 Kilowatts consumed
- Scope 2 Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Electric – The baseline is 652 metric tons scope 2 impact
- Waste Management and Recycling
- Recycling Volume –Tons of recycling material picked up by recycling company for Flexera Software's facilities: The baseline is 33,600 pounds of recycled material.
- Waste Volume - Tons of trash picked up by garbage company for Flexera Software's facilities: This metric is not currently available. We will make reasonable efforts to obtain this information and set appropriate goals
- Working off of these baselines, Flexera Software has set one goal for each category. Progress will be tracked on an annual basis.
Goals will be set by Flexera Software senior management, and follow the format below. A major challenge in setting these goals is the location of our facilities in multi-tenant buildings; therefore, measurements are based on the acts of all tenants as a whole, which can significantly affect our ability to accurately project and meet our EMP objectives. We have taken this into account and will work to meet our goals.
- Energy Consumption
- Reduce consumption of electricity 1% by January 2013
- Scope 2 greenhouse gas emissions
- Scope 2 greenhouse gas emissions are tied directly to energy consumption for Flexera Software. Therefore, any reduction in energy consumption will equally reduce scope 2 greenhouse gas emissions
- Waste management and recycling
- Increase pounds of recycled material 1% by January 2013
- Waste volume data is not currently available to Flexera Software. We will make reasonable efforts to obtain this information and set appropriate goals
- We will share our conservation plans with all employees. Each employee will have access to the EMP and acknowledge that he or she will support it through actions such as making sure paper is recycled, trash is minimized, etc.
- We will form a committee that meets quarterly. This committee will review the progress of reduction initiatives against the EMP goals; discuss any need for redirection, etc.
- We expect all of our suppliers to act in an environmentally friendly manner in accordance with guidelines similar to those contained in this Environmental Management Plan.
Flexera Software has not been assessed any fines or penalties of a material nature with regard to environmental activities.