The latest RightScale product updates include the ability for you to manage and optimize your cloud costs on the new AWS P2 instances with Cloud Analytics as well manage deployments in the new AWS regions in Ohio and Seoul. Additionally, we added Azure storage account tag syncing between RightScale and Azure.
- Support for AWS Ohio (us-east-2) and Seoul (ap-northeast-2) regions: Now you have the option to manage and optimize deployments in the new Midwest and Asia regions.
- Azure Storage Account Tags now sync between RightScale (Placement Groups) and Azure Resource Manager: Use the tag predicate “azure” in RightScale to create a tag that syncs to the cloud, allowing you to manage cloud tags through the RightScale API, UI, and CAT files. Support for tag sync for additional Azure resources is coming soon.
- Set static IPs at boot via userdata on VMware vSphere: We have enabled the ability for you to set a static IP address on VMs.
- API performance improvements: When you make an API call to the RightScale platform from Cloud Workflow, you’ll now see custom scheduled actions in Next Action in addition to the existing lifecycle actions.
- Support for AWS P2 instance types: Now you can forecast and optimize costs for AWS P2 instance types in Cloud Analytics.
- Save Money on Your AWS Use: The RightScale team will be at AWS re:Invent November 28-December 2 and we’d like to help you find and fix the waste in your AWS cloud accounts and manage applications across AWS, other clouds, and on-premise environments. To learn more, request a 1:1 meeting with us at re:Invent.
- Cloud Lessons Learned: 3 Cloud Case Studies: Cloud adoption is now a given, but the path to cloud success is not always clear. This on-demand webinar features a panel discussion on multi-cloud strategy with Kronos, Telstra, and Offis.