Our September product updates include enhanced cloud cost allocation and reporting in Optima, support for the newest AWS Korea region, and support for the new Azure Dv3 and Ev3 instance types.
Introducing RightScale Optima
RightScale Optima, a collaborative cloud cost management solution, is now available to all RightScale customers. To see how Optima can help you reduce your cloud bill by as much as 45 percent right now, request a demo.
The Billing Centers feature in Optima helps you accurately allocate and report on all of your cloud costs for showback and chargeback across your organization. The newest functionality includes:
- Enhanced cost allocation functionality for cloud provider bills: Allocate costs from multiple bills from across all of your cloud providers into Billing Centers to provide an organized view of all costs being incurred by your teams or business units.
- Automate reports and alerts for team cloud usage: Set up scheduled reports to be sent to your teams to inform them of their spend across cloud providers. Enable alerts to ensure that teams are aware if they are approaching or over a specified budget.
- Learn more about Billing Centers.
- Support for Azure Dv3 and Ev3 instance types: You can launch Azure Dv3 and Ev3 instances from both Cloud Management and Self-Service.
- Ability to resize stopped instances on Azure and Google Cloud Platform: Just as we do for AWS, we also enable you to resize stopped instances on Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
- Redesigned account selector: When using the drop-down account selector, you will see your accounts sorted by organization to make it easier to locate and organize your accounts.
- Enhanced functionality for Security Group Rules in Azure Resource Manager: You can set rule priorities and enact “deny” rules for Security Group Rules in Azure Resource Manager through the Cloud Management UI, Cloud Management API 1.5, and Self-Service Cloud Application Template (CAT) files.
- Support for new Korea South region in Azure Resource Manager: You can launch Azure instances in the new Korea South region in Busan, which is one of the two regions in South Korea (Korea Central in Seoul is the other) that we support.
- Cut Your Cloud Bills with RightScale Optima: Learn more about our new cloud cost management solution that is helping enterprises reduce their cloud bills by as much as 45 percent.
- Managing Container-as-a-Service and Docker Clusters in the Cloud with RightScale: As companies look to orchestrate Docker in the cloud, they have several options for container orchestration. In this webinar, we’ll delve into both container-as-a-service options from AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform as well as how to run your own Kubernetes cluster in the cloud.
- Tagging Best Practices for Cloud Governance and Cost Management: We’ve outlined a global tagging strategy and provided a matrix of tag requirements from the major public cloud providers to guide you in adding custom metadata to better categorize each of your cloud resources.