Flexera Software Announces Upgrade to FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications
New Release Delivers 100X Faster Application Usage Reporting Performance
Schaumburg, IL - January 17, 2011 Flexera Software, the leading provider of strategic solutions for Application Usage Management for application producers and their customers, today announced the general release of version 14.2 of FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications. The new release sets the standard for all software license administration solutions, with fast custom reporting, insights into application remix, and integration with FlexNet Manager Platform for an enterprise-wide license compliance view.
"We've seen growth in the usage of our engineering applications and increases in license complexity," said John Barta, a senior systems analyst of Orbital Sciences Corporation. "FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications has the features we need to efficiently manage our license servers and produce the right reports for our planning needs. It has helped us optimize our license usage, resulting in better allocation of licenses and ongoing cost savings."
FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications enables IT asset managers to centrally monitor, manage and report on the use of more than 20,000 engineering applications from some of the most widely used vendors including: Cadence, Mentor Graphics, Synopsys, Autodesk, Schlumberger and many more. It is deployed in all industries that utilize engineering applications, with significant traction in aerospace and defense, oil and gas exploration, and semiconductors. It allows enterprises to optimize software use and application remix to reduce on-going spend by up to 30%. FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications is built upon the FlexNet Manager Platform, which provides scalable software and hardware asset management across more than 11,000 publishers and 100,000 applications, providing insight into installed software, application usage, and purchase versus installed license reconciliation.
The latest upgrade allows organizations to simplify license server administration-start, stop, and restart servers for FlexEnabled (formerly FLEXlm) applications. It reduces denials of service and tracks application usage to enable organizations to optimize license use. The new release also provides usage tracking and reporting for other license technologies such as LUM-enabled applications, Reprise and Sentinel. Specific enhancements in this release include:
- Data Management Enhancements: Companies can now collect their license usage data in hourly, daily and/or monthly aggregations to ensure the data is captured and organized at the right granularity, resulting in disk savings and significantly improved reporting performance.
- Reporting Performance Enhancements: In-house testing on large customer data sets showed a reporting performance improvement in the new version of more than 100 times over the previous release.
- Integration with FlexNet Manager Platform: This release is now integrated with the FlexNet Manager Platform, a core component of the FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises. This allows FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications to report license usage via the Platform's executive dashboard, providing a common view of software usage across the enterprise for centralized compliance management.
"Most usage reports can be generated in seconds, but even processing massive logs that approach a billion events will take less than 30 minutes," said Alan Swahn, vice president of product management at Flexera Software. "Moreover, this reporting performance applies to our advanced 'what if' and trend analyses, which enables our customers to optimize future purchases and reduce costs. A common reporting dashboard allows users to see their license compliance position across their entire estate, for 100,000 applications including Microsoft, Adobe, Symantec, Oracle, SAP, and engineering applications -- from desktop to datacenter."
FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications is part of the FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises, which delivers software license management and license optimization from the desktop to the datacenter. The suite includes:
- FlexNet Manager for Microsoft
- FlexNet Manager for Adobe
- FlexNet Manager for Symantec
- FlexNet Manager for SAP Business Suite
- FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications
- FlexNet Manager Platform
Learn more about Flexera Software FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications.
Read our Blog on Software License Optimization
FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications customer success story
Related Flexera Software Webinars
Software License Optimization White Papers